- Baby is visible at eye level for easy soothing
- Mesh walls provide maximum breathability
- Side wall lowers to tending to baby is easy
- Swivels 360 degrees to bring baby close for safe sleep and to help you get out of bed
- The stable base adjusts to fit most beds & tucks under the bed to save space
- 2 Generous storage pockets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper ideal for nursing mums?
- The Bassinest Swivel Sleeper supports nursing moms in two important ways:
Its swivel design and retractable wall feature make it easy for mom to reach in and lift baby while in bed (vs. stationary and attached bassinets, which often necessitate mum getting out of bed to lift baby). After nursing, it also allows mum to return baby to his separate sleep area without requiring her to get out of bed.
- Why is the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper ideal for any mum, but especially moms after a C-section?
Approximately 25% of all mums in the UK have a Cesarean Section birth. Recovery from this surgery can make any movement painful and difficult – including lifting her baby, or having to get in and out of bed to take care of him/her. Unlike stationary and attached bassinets, the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper's 360-degree range of motion allows mum to tend to many of her baby's needs without having to get out of bed. And when she does have to get in or out of bed, the swivel design allows mum to gently reposition it to accommodate her – so getting in or out of bed can be done easily and with minimal discomfort.
- Why is it easier for mums to get in and out of bed with the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper?
Stationary or attached bassinets are hard to work around. When positioned right next or attached to the bed, mums often have to get in or out of bed by crawling around them. This can be hard to do, inconvenient, and even painful (especially for moms who have had a C-section birth). The Bassinest Swivel Sleeper makes getting in and out of bed easy, convenient and comfortable. Unlike traditional or attached bassinets, its 360-degree range of motion allows mum to gently move the baby's sleep area aside, so she can rise or sit down with ease.
- How does the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper enhance mum's bonding with baby?
With the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper, mum can safely sleep close to her baby – closer than with any other bassinet or co-sleeper. This close proximity allows her to more easily reach in and soothe her baby; the retractable wall makes it easier to pick up her baby, and the mesh sides mean that she can better see her baby. All this culminates in a closer, more intimate sleeping relationship between mum and her baby while ensuring that baby is still sleeping safe and sound in his own, separate sleep area.
- What are all the ways the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper can move?
No other infant sleeper on the market moves like the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper. Its dual-swivel design rotates a full 360 degrees from two distinct pivot points, allowing mom to position baby just where she wants him; the four-point, tip-proof base is universally adjustable to accommodate bed heights from 56 – 86 cm, and the patented retractable sidewall feature moves down, then returns automatically to allow mum easy access to her baby.
- How does the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper's retractable sidewall work?
The Bassinest Swivel Sleeper's patented, retractable sidewall lowers easily when mum reaches in to lift or soothe her baby. Its auto-return safety feature automatically returns the sidewall to its original, upright position when the pressure is removed, ensuring that baby is always sleeping safely. If desired, the side wall can be locked in the upright position.
- Can the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper be used on either side of the bed?
Yes, the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper's 360-degree range of motion means that it can be positioned and used on either side of an adult bed.
- Can it be used with all kinds of adult beds?
The Bassinest Swivel Sleeper's low-profile, four-point base is designed to accommodate virtually all bed heights and constructions, with the exception of platform beds. It can be used with beds from 56-86 cm in height with only 5 cm clearance from the floor required.
- Can it be used on bare or carpeted floors?
Yes, the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper can be used on bare or carpeted floors. If using with an area rug, please ensure that all four legs are placed either on or off the rug for maximum stability.
- Can the bed portion be removed from the stand and used without the stand?
No, the Bassinest bed should NEVER be used without the stand. Only remove the bed from the stand when storing or moving the unit when not in use.
- Can the side wall lock feature be used to lock the wall in the "down" position?
The lock feature will only lock the wall in the upright position. It does not lock in the "down" position due to potential safety issues.
- Is the Bassinest easily portable so that I can use it in other rooms of my home?
The Bassinest can be moved to another room. The "cradle" disconnects easily from the base. So the base and cradle can be moved in two pieces. Please note that the "cradle" of the Bassinest should never be used alone without the base.